The Effete Bomb

Friday, February 15, 2008

Tiny Post

Tiny post today.

This week saw the debut of Tiny Titans from DC comics. I got this because it s ridiculously cute.



For the most part I was satisfied. It is a book of vignettes of a bunch of the teen titans as kids in elementary school. It's no Mini Marvels, but what is? My favorite Tiny Titan??

Ravager

Now, I'm not really any kind of fan of her mainstream counterpart, but "Rose" is great with the baby blue eye patch. Her shtick so far is embarrassment, as she is the daughter of new principal Deathstroke.

My favorite story was this 2-pager




GOLD! The classic 60s Titans are my favorites, and they are well represented here. Anyway, this is a cute comic, well worth $2.25, and I'll keep picking it up.

I subscribe to a few "Song-of-the-day" podcasts and MPR's "The Current Song of the Day" has
consistently been the least exciting. Nevertheless, today's offering I liked. From Minneapolis band Skoal Kodiak, "Harpie" has a good, head bobbing groove, based on a constantly modulating distorted bass (or synth?) line. The vocals are so distorted they offer no discernible lyrics. The effect is kind of like one of the funkier Bjork tracks you might hear.


FRIDAY!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home